This kit, produced by the Australian Government, provides answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Needle & Syringe Programs, in two easy to read booklets.
The first booklet, ‘Your Questions Answered’, covers topics such as:
- Why are NSPs necessary?
- Why are people who inject drugs provided with sterile needles and syringes?
- Are NSPs legal?
- Will the distribution of needles and syringes increase injecting drug use?
- Do NSPs increase discarding of used needles and syringes?
- I have found a needle and syringe near my home, what should I do?
The second booklet, ‘A Review of the Evidence’, covers topics such as:
- How many people inject drugs in Australia?
- What is Australia’s National Drug Strategy?
- What is the level of community support for NSPs?
To request hard copies of the Information Kit, fill in the form below, making sure that you include your postal address details. Alternatively, you can download a copy below.